The Covenants Contrasted (Two ways of relating to right and wrong)
1. The requirement is obedience
3. Enforced by reward and punishment
4. Rules and laws
5. For those who don't trust the wisdom and goodness of God.
6. Wrath and judgment for disobedience
8. Conditional acceptance
9. Conscience dominated
10. Constraint for the need driven life
11. Authority is arbitrary/positional
12. Empowers the conscience
13. Establishes moral responsibility to restrain evil and as a foundation for insight into grace.
14. Trying to please God by measuring up.
15. Focuses on what we should do
16. Law and order for a theocracy
19. Blessings for obedience
1. The "requirement" is faith
2. A free relationship
3. Inspired by faith and love
4. Truth and reality
5. For those who trust God
7. Justification by grace
8. Unconditional acceptance
9. Dominated by mercy and understanding
10. Freedom for those who trust in
11. Authority is intrinsic
12. Places the conscience under grace
13. Nurturing Guidance for those who accept their moral responsibility.
14. Experiencing the grace of God that inspires right actions.
15. Focuses on how we can do it
16. An empowering relationship for the spiritual
19. The Blessing of obedience